One of the most delightful products I have come across in the elegant, functional, and complementary suite of Apple products has to be none other than the Apple Battery Charger.
What is it about this tiny, overlooked piece of hardware that makes it stand out?
- The unit does everything it says it will do - no more, no less.
- The packaging represents the physical dimensions of the actual product with little to no environmental waste.
- The hardware has a 10+ year service life.
- The technology’s power usage averages more than 10X over the industry standard.
- Conserves energy in standby mode and eliminates the need to purchase new batteries and toss old ones every few months (or in my case every few weeks).
- It comes equipped with 3 sets of batteries to account for the most common Apple user setup - mouse, keyboard, trackpad (or in my case a spare).
- It is functional, consistent, and a delight to use.
When I look at this newly purchased piece of hardware, it reminds me to KISS or ”Keep it simple, stupid”. Sometimes the most useful products are the most delightful, and they become game changers.